Gifted G.E.M.S is an 8 week mentoring program that will train, expose, and provide community outreach opportunities to better prepare our young girls for growth and success in life. Middle School and Junior High aged youth (10-14 years of age) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our goal is to provide practical instruction that young girls can apply in their daily lives that will better prepare them for success in life. Our program topics range from identity, purpose, personality, how to talk to God, relationships, and public speaking. We expose young girls to information, life skills, and various opportunities in the community.
The purpose of the Gifted G.E.M.S. Program is to provide young girls with:
- mentoring relationships
- professional etiquette and presentation skills
- character development
- effective communication skills
- leadership and life skills
- Week 1: Welcome, Identity, Personality
- Week 2: How to Talk to God (Prayer)
- Week 3: Relationships
- Week 4: Confidence
- Week 5: Presentation Skills
- Week 6: Purpose
- Week 7: Vision Boards
- Week 8: Celebration Reception (August 11)
● Application deadline is Sunday, June 11. Click here to download application.
● Program starts with parent orientation for selected applicants on June 18 (5:30-6:30 pm) at Restoration Church, 682 S. Government Avenue, Fayetteville 72701. A postcard reminder will be mailed to parents in June.
● The program begins on June 22 and ends with a celebration reception on August 11.
● Submit completed application packet to Restoration Church on Sundays before or after service to Sheila Posey or during church office hours M-F between 9-4 p.m.
● A $30 program fee must be returned with completed application. Cash or checks acceptable. Please make checks payable to Restoration Church.
● Program Hours: Thursdays 10am - 1 pm (Hours may be adjusted when a field trip is scheduled).
● Van service provided for limited locations in Fayetteville. Transportation arrangements will be discussed at the parent orientation session on Sun., June 18th.
● Late applications will not be considered. Only completed applications with ALL required documents and program fee of $30 will be accepted.
● All applicants will be notified via email regarding acceptance and next steps in the Gifted G.E.M.S. Program. Please make sure your email is legible and accurate.